Sabtu, 21 Februari 2009

Goals for 23 Things

My main goal I have for this PD is learning about ICT language tasks for use in the classroom - ones already tried and tested and obtaining resources especially sites and links which are useful in lower school.

Its all good and well when you have a new idea (esp ICT) and you want to get it started but I find I spend FAR TOO MUCH TIME trying to find the right text or website. I work a lot and have recently said (in my seventh year of teaching at my school) enough is enough, I have a life and a young family and I will not put my work above my family any more. I could spend all weekend (and I did) searching for resources online and quite often coming up with nothing that I was happy with.

So I am hoping this PD will not only help me with ideas, resources, tasks and texts (or links to info) but also give me the on-going motivation to keep on with what I do want to do. I am also hoping this PD will be a resource sharing vehicle for ICT tasks which are valid and workable.

I will be working on my 23 Things PD "homework" on the weekends. This is the only time I have free to do "extra things" on top of my already horrendous workload (which Im sure all language teachers have).

4 komentar:

  1. I can relate to the time-wastage aspect of ICT! hope all goes well!
    D

    BalasHapus
  2. I'm so sorry for not posting this week's Things on Friday! It felt like I was missing a limb not having internet access all weekend.

    In the last week we'll be looking at networks of teachers exchanging "tried and tested" materials and ideas. But until then I'll make sure I include more examples and exemplars of these Things in action rather than just explaining how they work. Hopefully that will help!

    BalasHapus
  3. Halo GPM!

    Saya suka Voki kamu, dan video juga! What setting did you use to get the "selamat datang" sounding like it does?

    BalasHapus
  4. Wheee~! Selamat Tengah-hari dari Malaysia!

    Got your link from Penny's LJ!

    BalasHapus